Filed in 2007, W&G prosecuted this qui tam case for clients Alon Vainer, MD and Daniel Barbir, RN without government involvement or support for eight years. The case settled in 2015 for $450,000,000. The case alleged that dialysis providers DaVita, Inc., and Gambro Healthcare, Inc., deliberately wasted hundreds of millions of dollars of dialysis medications in order to fraudulently boost reimbursements from Medicare and Medicaid.
Click here to view Complaint.
In April of 2015, Davita settles case with United States and 2 W&G whistleblowers for $450,000,000 after 8 years of hard fought litigation.
Articles and Links:
- Dialysis Company Accused Of Giant Medicare Fraud
Click Here for Anderson Cooper 360/CNN Video Report of November 30, 2012.
- Wasted Dialysis Drugs To Buoy Profits Alleged In Davita And Gambro Healthcare, Inc. Case
Dr. Alon Vainer And Daniel Barbir Allege In Lawsuit That Drugs Were Wasted To Buoy Davita Profits
- Lawsuit Says Dialysis Giants Davita, Inc. And Gambro Healthcare, Inc., Sought Fraudulent Reimbursements For Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars For Wasted Drugs, According To Atlanta Lawyers Lin Wood And Marlan Wilbanks
Click here to view press release
- Davita, Served By UNC’s Roper On Board, Sued
Click here for Triangle Business Journal article by Jason deBruyn, dated July 26, 2011
- Davita Cashed In On Waste, Ex-Workers Say
Click here for a Modern Healthcare srticle by Joe Carlson, dated July 26, 2011
- Dialysis Company Accused Of Drug Scam
Click here for a Columbus Dispatch article by Andrew Pollack, dated July 27, 2011
- Lawsuit Alleges Fraud At Dialysis Company
Click here for bendbulletin.com article by Andrew Pollack, dated July 26, 2011